This post is mostly a bunch of mini rants.
I’m sorry in advance, because I’m sure these are probably common issues and I’m not about to offer advice for any of them. It’s nearly 2 in the morning at the time of writing, so all I can offer you is solidarity if you happen to be feeling or thinking the same things.
- I should really look for a
- Career????? What’s that????? How????
- I should save up.
- Why did I buy that thing? I need to save up.
- Who would have thought I’d end up here?
- I did everything right: straight A’s in school, great university right after high school. Hm. Looks like I didn’t prepare to be anything other than a full-time student. Oops.
- Should I save up for a car? Or a trip to the north pole? Or Cambodia? Retirement? Lunch??
- I don’t have money but I have money for Taco Bell.
- *Doesn’t look at bank account*
- Should I go to grad school?
- I have friends who are married and have their careers pretty much set. Can’t relate.
- I’m old. I’m getting old. Time. TIME. IS. TICKING.
- You’re not being chased and there is no timeline; it’s just your anxiety and societal expectations talking.
- Master’s degree???
- Take your time and think. But hurry up. But don’t rush it and make a mistake!
Thanks for reading ❤